View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 06:50 AM   #1362
Steve8x8
Steve8x8 began at the beginning.

Device: PW
And here's another success story.
K4 NT, which had been running 4.1.1 for more than two years, with backdoorlock and all in place.
Then the dreaded announcement came, that I had to upgrade to 4.1.3 - which I did, after applying the latest JB, etc. Somehow I overshot - and had a non-responding device that even refused to properly charge.
After almost one week having it conected to the wall charger, I gave Kubrick a try.
Had to do it twice because somehow the built-in JB didn't work (boy under tree..., refreshing the screen every now and then). Second time, I unchecked JB, but completely cleared the device instead (nothing to lose, and I had backed up the stored books using Calibre first, when I got to that diags menu).

Now I'm in the tedious process of re-building the device, with JB and USBnet (check), 4.1.3 (check), and will proceed to KUAL and the new way of backdoorkocking soon, still have to dig my way through all those (mostly outdated) instructions scattered over the whole forum...

Anyway, I had already lost hope to get this far (and a Fire7 is already doing its kind of job) - thanks to everyone involved! I've been to Laos myself in the meantime, and will donate once I've got my device fully updated!
Steve8x8 is offline   Reply With Quote