View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
kevinofengland
Connoisseur
kevinofengland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
I too have noticed the same problem yesterday. I was putting on a cover from decalgirl and looked at the screen and noticed the black line on the right which is thicker. This line is still there when the device is turned off. I recently updated the firmware which enables you to delete a book etc and am wondering if this has caused it. It is annoying for me because I like things to be Symmetrical. What i am interested to know is , was this line always there, or, if not is there a way to remove it?

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
I've had my Sony over 12 months now and I've just noticed something odd about the screen. No matter what I am displaying, there's a thin black frame down the right side of the screen.

I've looked at photos and videos of other Sonys and some seem to have no frame and others have the same thin black frame as me. For instance: the Sony 700 screen shown on the Sony site is like mine - almost no frame on the left with a thicker frame on the right.

My questions are:

Has this frame always been there, and I'm just noticing it now?

Have I abused my Sony once too often and it is now maladjusted?

Is it possible via software or by dismantling the device and physically pushing the screen hardware a smidgeon to the right, to get rid of the frame?
kevinofengland is offline   Reply With Quote