View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Where do I begin (as shouts can be heard from around the world from .imp users! ):

Per the .imp specs:
Edit - Book properties start at offset 0x30
Yes* - ID: null terminated C string
YES - Bookshelf Category: null terminated C string
N/A - Subcategory: null terminated C string, not displayed on REB1200
YES - Title: null terminated C string
N/A - Last name: null terminated C string
N/A - Middle name: null terminated C string
YES - First name: null terminated C string

Note * = there is a way to auto-generate this ID.; N/A = not allowed; YES = allow edits

Afterwards, the length of Book Properties (including 7 null's) needs to be updated so that BytesRemainingInHeader is set to length of Book Properties + 24!

Also, it would be nice if the Name of .RES directory could be changed to the .imp filename (minus .ext) or even auto-generated to be 'Author-Title' as you used for the (decompressed) text filename. The DictionaryLength (length of directory name) in the 48 byte header would have to be updated then as well. (p.s. you called it Dictionary, but I think you meant Directory...)

That's it for now...

Check please!
I think the big things a user would like to correct include: category!!!, Author, Title.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote