View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #62
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'd love to know where that information comes from; the people I know who have ebook devices weren't buyers of mainstream hardcovers before they got them.
I agree. I almost never bought hardcovers, especially not fiction hardcovers. In fact, I had mostly been buying used books for the last decade or so.. I'm certain I've bought more new eBooks in the last 18 months than I bought new pBooks in the last 15 years.

The hardcover sale the publishers are worried about never existed in my case. The eBook sale that did exist, however, is being jeopardized. I'm not going to pay more than $10 just to get a book a few months sooner. And if they delay publication of the eBook, I might get it from the library instead in which case the lost the sale altogether.
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote