View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #261
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclase View Post
Hello! I hope you more experienced users will kindly help me. I tried multiple forum searches and didn't quite see the answer I was looking for. If this has been resolved previously or if I'm posting in the wrong area, please pardon this newbie.

What I want is to have my Kindle mirror the Series Colum as I see it when sorting by Series alphabetically in the Calibre Library. My current plugboard code is the tried and true:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

Is there a method for making Kindle display all non-series titles together as a group before all other titles that are parts of series?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Euclase,

Check out the ifempty function. My own Kindle pegboard is a bit convoluted since it uses custom columns to reduce the series title to six characters or less (using initials where necessary). But the principal can probably help you.

[{#readrank:ifempty(9)}{#genre:ifempty(SF)}] {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:|-|-}{title}

Note the use of ifempty in a couple of the columns. What I would do with yours is to try series:ifempty(--) in place of series:. That would create a -- at the start of any title without a series entry and those SHOULD sort to the front in title sort on the Kindle. Haven't tried it, but it 'should' work.

GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote