View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Ebook Bundles Anyone?

A little informal market research among the lads and lassies here. That OK, mods?

I was wondering if any of you had come across e-book 'bundling'. Batches of related contemporary ebooks, grouped at deep discount. And if you think bundling ebooks (in the same way as brick-and-mortar stores bundle paperbacks and hardbacks) is an acceptable practice that might gain popularity in the ever-changing ebook field.

My own wee house carries several running series and some stand-alone titles by the same prolific author. We also carry titles in several specific genres.

What we had in mind was 'bundling' the earlier of these books in groups of three or more at a deep discount around 40% of our across-the-board $5.95 cover price for individual titles. A cheap introduction, if you like, to a series, an author or a genre.

A wee problem, of course, is that ebook buyers, quite understandably, fix their own price ceilings and that there is currently no way at the major ebook stores to show that a cover price of, say, over ten bucks actually includes three, four or even five books (grouped under a single new ISBN). We've written to the stores and will experiment with other ways around this hitch.

What I wanted to find out from my pals here, though, was whether or not they think ebook-bundling would be well received. But I won't make this some kind of poll. I'd much prefer your views to a yes or no vote.

Many thanks for any thoughts for or against.

Happy weekend and very best wishes. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 07-02-2011 at 08:44 AM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote