View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtledog View Post
Can anyone tell me how to ¨Just install KoboRoot.tgz¨?
it means that you have to copy the file "KoboRoot.tgz" in the .kobo subdirectory of your device. Then eject the device and disconnect it, and you will see the device "updating", and eventually restarting. Better to do this with your device charged up. Also, do make sure you copy the file in the .kobo subdirectory - otherwise (as with all hacks) you risk bricking it (it happened to me..), i.e. making your device unusable. To fix this may require opening your device and replacing the internal SD card (assuming your device has one), which many people don't like to do, as not doing it properly (e.g. if you happen to break one of the plastic thingy holding the device together) will show the device has been open and void your warranty.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote