View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #371
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've taken the plunge and downgraded to 4.1 again. I decided that there really isnt anything in 5 that I will miss on my 3GS. I've also jailbroken and added a few bits a pieces (MyWi and Intelliscreen which I had bought last year, and SBsettings) which actually add some of the functionality of iOS5, and in the case of SBSettings a bit more because it gets you quick access to turning various things on and off (like 3G, wifi, bluetooth etc). [edit] And last night finally found the proper solution for getting to 4.3.3... all good.

So I have reinstalled Stanza 3.1 and have full functionality with that. I can't see a good reason to upgrade again. iMessage might have been a good thing but using Whatsapp is actually better, and its cross platform. Enough rambling. I'm sticking with my 3GS and Stanza 3.1. If I could get an iphone 4 which had not been upgraded to 5 I would do that, but it doesnt seem possible, everyone has jumped on the bandwagon.

FWIW the phone itself is much faster and more stable. I think iOS5 is pushing it to its limit. I also got sick of needing to reboot every couple of days to get rid of the lag.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-30-2011 at 03:33 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote