View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcHy View Post
Then as I think in the UK we are going to be taken over by the amazon for buying ebooks, when my cybook dies and I can no longer stick it together with electrical tape, and I buy a kindle I will be able to use calibre again to transfer epubs to awz? kindle files.

Is this right idea? and if so how do I identify easily which of my current mobi files are drm locked as my libary is quite large and I cant remember which one are?
AZW is MOBI, at least for DRM-free ebooks, so keep your DRM-free MOBIs and use Calibre to convert your original ePubs to MOBI when you switch to Kindle.

The latest versions of mobidedrm work on DRM-free MOBIs, and in particular if you add mobidedrm as a plugin for Calibre it will allow you to import both DRM-free and DRM-ridden MOBI ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote