View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #15013
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
^^^
Such fickle fans. Let a mere 70 years go past and they abandon you like yesterday's socks.

Seriously though, all science fiction is a bit like that. Some stands up better than others, of course, I still like most of my Asimov collection, but much of my Clarke collection gathers dust, mostly it's the short stories that still seem to work. Jules Verne remains an amusing curiosity, but not what he must have been, though H.G. Wells continues to enthrall ... isn't that curious.

But I do think that with most of them, if you sit down with it in the right frame of mind, you can still capture some of the magic that was.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote