View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
I'm cool with being on amazon ecosystem.
Amazon will be glad to hear.

BTW Kobo ePubs (KePubs) have a very nice footnote system. If you click on the footnote, it is displayed on the screen, much like a dictionary entry. Only if the note is too long, you'll have to click on "more" (or something like that) to get it displayed on a separeate page (with a return button). It works very well and with KePubs, it's never difficult to use the footnotes.

I imagine it is as nice as Amazons system, though I can't say for sure since I don't have a Kindle.

ePubs, on the other hand, are very different and the formatting is not controlled by Kobo. So some will work perfectly well, others will be a little difficult. It all depends on how the publisher implemented their footnotes. Firmware 1.9.17 has improved the performance on footnotes in ePub, at least for me. Had no problem so far, even with ePubs that proved to be difficult before (concerning footnotes).
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote