View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #42
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I expect that they will use a true black, since I don't think you can mix other colours to produce black. However, if they introduce new coloured pixels among the black ones, then the latter will cover less area than before, and so, the "black" will look washed out. I suppose they could replace the "white" side with the colours, so that the black will be as dark as it is now, but then the "white" will be a darker grey, and the contrast will suffer again.

As you say, we'll have to wait and see, but it's fun to guess.
The underlying ink is still black and white. The color filters tint them, so now it's red and black, green and black, and blue and black. Color eink also has a "clear" color filter to improve the white level.

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-09-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote