View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #11
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks Always good to hear from someone that has successfully pushed calibre's boundaries.
Another data point: my library is about as large (some 185K boooks), although it's 'only' 250GB because I don't keep multiple formats. No issues, either with the portable version I keep in the library to have a self-contained backup or the 64bit version that's my main install.

The Find Duplicates plugin has reached some limit, though. If I do a Soundex Author + Soundex Title search, calibre starts eating memory until it either blows up (32bit process memory limit reached) or starts swapping my PC to death (64bit version). Using 'Fuzzy' instead of 'Soundex' works without a problem.

But that's not something you can do anything about. Calibre is the best (and best supported) program I have ever used, and I've been playing with this stuff since the early 80's (Sinclair ZX-81 FTW! )
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote