View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Hardware wise it's suppose to be 25% faster than PW1. The lighting has been improved but there is no real info on what they did.
It has a new screen. The new PW has a Carta Screen. The old one is Pearl.
Compare Carta vs Pearl in the PW here Also it suppose to respond better to touch. I have no touch issues with my PW. I think it's too sensitive at times so this worries me.

One reviewer who owns both said it is lighter but Amazon specs hasn't change. It could be they distribute the weight different or the new screen makes it lighter. We will have to see.

Software wise there is PageFlip, Inline Foot Notes, Flash Cards and Free Time (For the Kiddies) And later integration with Goodreads. The word lookup feature has changed its look with X-Ray accessible where the dictionary window is. We suspect that some of these features will be ported over to the Old PW later on.

So basically the new PW2 is Faster, improved lighting and a new screen with better contrast. Possibly lighter in weight. The firmware it uses may or may not be released for the PW1.

Not a huge update but considering their hasn't been a new screen released since Pearl to me it's a major release. Amazon showed up close of the letters on the Carta Screen and there was no pixelation whatsoever!
As far as I can see, Inline Foot Notes and Free Time are only available in the US. Why is a mystery to me....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote