View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #182
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Josieb, why read PDFs in apps that aren't really intended for handling them? I assure you that if you insist on finding a single, universal app to handle all those different formats, you're only punishing yourself. You will get a diminished reading experience from all formats, instead of the best possible reading experience for every format.

For MOBI files, just convert them to EPUB using (for example) Calibre, which only takes a few seconds, and then read them in Marvin along with original EPUB files. I assure you that the Marvin reading experience is worth the few seconds needed to convert from MOBI to EPUB!

For PDFs, the world agrees that GoodReader is the finest app to serve all your PDF needs, and it would be senseless for Kris to want to compete with it. I can also heartily recommend the neu.Annotate app to you for reading, and especially marking up PDF files.
Thank you, I read mobi's on a Kindle Paperwhite, I tend to convert ePubs to mobi's so they aren't an issue, it is PDFs that are my problem, I used to read them on a Sony ereader but I want to get an iPad mini next year (once the retina screen one comes out) so looking for a PDF app with collections and reflow. Its hard as I can't seem to find one. I'll take a look at Annotate.

I read fan fiction and have 100s of PDFs, conversion in Calibre is not very good unfortunatly.