Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #246
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Ah. Yeah. Might be a format problem. Just after that post, I found one of my videos wouldn't show a thumbnail and just had the loading animation, though it works fine on my desktop.

And changing it to MP4 is unlikely to work - most likely already *IS* MP4. It's other aspects of the codec that's the problem. For example, the video that failed to load for me is showing as "MPEG-4 Video (DX50)", while the other movie on my Arc is working fine, but is an "MPEG-4 Video (XVID)".

Possible solution: Grab "VLC for Android Beta" by "VideoLabs - VideoLAN" off the Play Store. Just tried it and it played the video that the Gallery couldn't.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote