View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #98
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
After digesting this thread and a bunch of other material, I've got a basic military setup that I think I can render believably. We've got a United Earth Space Corps with an orbital operations base in Near Earth Orbit. My protagonist is part of a multidisciplinary team from a variety of countries and specializations.

So here's my next question. What's Boot Camp likely to look like for soldiers who will be deployed in space? Will it still be carried out groundside because most of its purpose is psychological anyway? Or would Boot Camp be held in a microgravity environment to facilitate the skills needed for freefall combat?
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote