View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #113
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton View Post
Language Studies
I doubt that this reason pertains to many people here, but I study German, and the mobileread forums have lots of German-language books for me to choose from. Plus, many of these are also available in English, which lets me compare texts. Aside from the occasional dual-language book, this can be very difficult to accomplish in a bookstore. I've actually translated a book by Frank Wedekind, which I plan to upload here at some point.

I still love perusing bookstore shelves (I plan to do a bit of that later today), and I still buy books. But I do love my ebook reader, and I am glad to see yet another way for people to read. In the end, that is more important than the delivery mechanism.
Always love to see a reference to translations because I think it's highly underutilized in ebooks (and probably not even well-known about when it is available.) Do get it uploaded and consider selling it various places--with the original and translation in one ebook (I have two translations and really wish I had included the English with the one that is in Greek. The second time I did it, I made sure both the English and Spanish were in one volume.) I think it's a valuable resource that can only grow as people FIND that kind of thing. I wish when I was growing up there had been MORE books that included both. It's a great way to learn and now that there isn't a "page count" issue, I think some neat things can be done with it.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote