View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Without the market I really don't see the use of the Vox/Kindle Fire. From what I read, to have the market the manufacturer needs to spport specific guidelines by google. So either Kobo didn't bother or to cut down on cost didn't support these guidelines (I have no idea what those are).

Maybe when people have rooted the Vox you will be able to have the market working but don't expect support from google (and Kobo won't be able help you there). But it might not be a 1 button install, and not be accessible to Kobo target users. But what I see is people will instead be turning to cracked apps when there is already a lot of piracy on android.

The Vox is basically 100$ cheaper than a regular 7" android tablet, where you can have the full android experience. And even there if you find some sales you could have them pretty much the same price. So someone will just rip the custom Kobo apk's out from the device and post them where you can use them if the default Android app is not enough.

Or people will just install the Amazon App Store to have paid apps, see the irony here?

Last edited by Nigol; 10-31-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote