View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
OracleFromChicago
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
*giggling* Oracle, you are aware that, except for the microwave, every other item you listed has either been outright banned or is being phased out because it has been definitively linked to cancer! Teflon also hasn't been banned, but many a pet bird has bitten the dust when sitting a tad too close to a teflon pot that burned while forgotten. I love my teflon pots, but if they're giving me cancer, I want to know that. For those not in the know, at temps over 400, teflon is toxic, fatal even, which is why they can't be used in an oven.
Actually, none of those are banned. And none of those are being phased out and being replaced by something else. I probably should add lawn pesticides to that list as well. It is difficult to say that they are giving you cancer. But they are all suspected carcinogens. The cancer rate has risen quite a bit since 1970s or so. And that coincides with introduction of plastic, lawn pesticides, Teflon, among other things. All I can say is that if I am hospitalized with some type of cancer, I will probably be drinking coffee out of a styrofoam cup, receiving medicine in a BPA container, eating food prepared in a Teflon pan, and playing with my Edge that's emitting radiation. That's just the world that we live in. :-) By the way, your pans will easily reach 400 degrees on stove top especially if you preheat it or sear meat.

Last edited by OracleFromChicago; 05-23-2010 at 10:03 AM.