View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #12
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Mac users are limited to PDB downloads because the official B&N Reader (note, not a NOOK app like Windows users now have) crashes and burns whenever DRM-ed ePubs are involved, often on a random selection of ePubs with seemingly no particular pattern to the failures. Though it works quite well with non-DRM ePubs.

This prompted quite a spate of complaints on B&N's discussions boards, to the point where B&N, who had just switched over to All ePub! All the Time, finally reverted the Mac users back to head off those complaints.

And now they get new ones about how Mac users want to download ePubs, so they can't win, unless they put up a "choose your format" button on the My Library page, at which point someone will no doubt complain that's too difficult a concept and why can't B&N make downloading a simple 1-click process?!?!?
As much as I agree that users can be whiny and ignorant, B&N could just choose the magic 3rd option and ... I dunno ... fix the MAC ereader . Just a thought .
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote