View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Patriot's Club -- Christopher Reich

I'm almost done with Patriot's Club. I have to say it's just barely interesting enough to keep me reading, but I'm skimming portions.

Christopher Reich is one of my favorite authors by far. I read every one of his books already, after discovering him through a book bundled with eReader software if I remember correctly, and was eagerly looking forward to this one expecting it to be the same. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Still well written, but just seemed to drag on.

However, I still highly recommend his other books:
Numbered Account
The Runner
The First Billion
The Devil's Banker

Have also, as a huge fan of the TV show Alias, been reading the book series. I think it's aimed at teens, but it's fun light and short reading. They take place as a prequel to the TV series. These have all been fun so far...

Recruited
A Secret Life
Disappeared
Sister Spy

Another great set is the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. So far, I've read/listened to the following (some of which are available as online audiobooks from my library):

Term Limits
Transfer of Power
Third Option
Separation of Power
Executive Power

And one more series that might be petering out a bit, but has been great, is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I've read/listened to these so far, and many of them are available online from my library as audiobooks:

One for the money
Two For The Dough
Three to get deadly
Four to score
High Five

The last one was not quite as good as the others, but was still good. It will be interesting to see if the next returns to the top notch level of quality or if it's a series that drops off after a while.

I like book series because it seems easier to get into the book when you are already familiar with the characters. I hate the early part of books when I can't remember who is who or what their names are!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote