View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I agree with your last comment based on an old proverb:
"If you don't know where you are going, any path will take you there."
And if you don't care where you are, you are never lost.

I agree that any unused IP address in the same subnet COULD be used, but our information is already complicated enough for beginners to understand without adding different recommended IP addresses into the mix. I prefer that we only recommend 192.168.15.201, as used in various scripts in the newer Kindles if only to reduce the complexity and confusion for beginners who may not understand IP subnetting.

Another reason to use the host IP address that the kindle expects is that future debricking or jailbreaks on a locked-down kindle may depend on it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-07-2012 at 08:34 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote