View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
I was having the same issue over the past 2 days with sideloaded ePubs on an SD card. I had just ejected it from my KT and inserted into a newly initialized KG. It took about 2 hours for the unit to do the update thing and then continuously rebooted as i read.

yesterday evening i did a factory reset and inserted a blank SD card. after initialization, i inserted a blank SD card and used Calibre to load the books. I've been reading off and on last night and this morning (with or without Glo light) and have had zero issues.

keeping my fingers crossed...
Well I just tried essentially what you just did. I formated the card on the computer and manually copied the books I wanted over. I dont use CALIBRE to transfer books as it tends to corrupt things, such as covers etc., as far as it applies to the KT. I will let you know if this works or not. But I am sure that Tamming may have some insight here. just waiting to hear from her again.

REgards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote