View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
These books are not available because the bookstores are resisting the agency model, and are not caving in to Hachette. So this is a good thing.
If the bookstores cave in to Hachette all other major publishers will follow, the result will be the same as in the US: a lot of e-books will become more expensive than the paper version. And this will be true for all bookstores, including Amazon. So we all should support the bookstores in this agency battle instead of complaining about the missing books.
The books will become available again as soon as there is a winner in the agency battle: The bookstores cave in to Hachette and let Hachette force them to use the agency model, or the bookstores keep up a united front against Hachette and Hachette gives up.
It should be clear who I hope wins this battle
I know that this is why the books have gone. All I wanted to know was whether there is any resolution in sight. There is only so long consumers will wait before finding somewhere else to source the books they want.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote