View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
Fungelstein
Green Fields Forever
Fungelstein began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-650
I just got my Sony-Prs600 today and it works very well so far.

Except, the eBook Library is driving me batty! For some reason whenever I put books on it, it sometimes changes it titles to something else. At first, I thought it was just grabbing the first sentence in the book to use as its title, so I edited a couple of ebooks to check it. Which didn't work.

I have noticed, txt files will use the file name as the title. While rtf or PDF appear to be making up some sort of title for itself. I'm assuming its some sort of internal file title within the file, since the titles are somewhat related to the e-books. For example, I got 2 PDF files called, "DiaryofNathanAdler1" and "DiaryofNathanAdler2", when I import them into the ebook library, the titles change to "Diary of Nathan Adler1.rtf" and "Diary of Nathan Adler 02.rtf". And a Discworld e-book I got has its title changed to just Terry Pratchett.

Although, oddly enough, the poetry PDFs I got from my class have the correct titles attached to them.

And its even more annoying since I can't change the titles in the eBook Library program! You'd think they would have that option in the program. Or maybe it does and I'm not using the program correctly.
Fungelstein is offline   Reply With Quote