View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
A series available at Baen that is sort-of similar to Glen Cook's Garrett PI series is the Thraxas series. Thraxas is a middle-aged, fat PI who drinks too much, gambles too much and is perpetually broke. He's also a pretty decent investigator. Fantasy setting, relatively hard-boiled style, corrupt local government, etc.

These books are somewhat more in the direction of humor or satire, but they are also pretty good mystery/detective stories.

Xenophon
hey, i love humour and satire ! that sounds pretty good to me. i'm adding it to my wishlist. thanks !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote