View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:40 AM   #23
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
From the Techradar review:

"In terms of piracy, BeBook assures TechRadar that each device has a unique key, to enable the company to identify any copyright-infringing users that are using illegally obtained ebooks from torrent sites and the like. We will be sure to investigate how this aspect of the device works further when we get a unit in for review."

I know in the UK we mostly embrace Big Brother but how will that fly in the US? FWIW I "format shift" ebooks on occasion and don't feel like a criminal because of it. Your, and the law's, opinion may vary.

I too buy my books in lit format and then convert them to what I need. I don't feel bad about it as I have paid for the ebook. But if this would be an issue for a Bebook then I wouldn't buy one.
I seriously hope other companies don't go down down the same route. I really feel this is a violation of privacy, if the reader sends info on what is in my ebook collection to the company.
Cant see people liking this at all, it is a similar thing to SecuRom and look at the fuss that causes.
I was considering buying a Bebook, but will stick with my Sony for now.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote