View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvarit View Post
Hi all,

I have a large comic library where the series number is added to the author name. So for eg "De Rode Ridder - 001" (without the ").
Now I would like to extract the number out of the Author name and place in the number field of the Series.

I've read through the manual (bulk edit) but can't find a way to make it work. Can someone give me hinter or a direction? Or better help me build the string that is needed?
Try something like (in Bulk Edit -> Search & Replace):

Search field: Author

Search for: ".* - " (without the quotes)

That should result in just the number remaining.

Destination field: series_index

Note that the Series field must be filled already, or this will not work; you can't have a series_index of a nonexistent Series.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote