View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #464
james2c19v
james2c19v began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Angry Page numbers on my Kindle DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
Normaly on 2.5.8 on kindle DXG you see the percentage and location at the bottom line.

But on 3.1 on kindle 3 you just see the percentage at the bottom line. You have to press the Menu button to see the location (always) and the page number (where available)

But on 3.2.1 on kindle DXG you again just see the percentage at the bottom line. And when you press the Menu button you always see only the location whether the book has the page numbers or not. I guess the same problem on Active Content cause this problem too. My guess is there is some kind of extra verification for the kindle model and this fails with the DXG on both active content and page numbers. Of course that is just a wild guess.
I'm running software version 3.1 (558700031) on my DXG, and I don't get any page numbers on books that I know to have page numbers (I've verified this through Kindle for PC and my wife's K3). I even tried de-registering my DXG, re-registering, deleting the book in question and re-downloading it. Still, only location numbers, no page numbers. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
james2c19v is offline   Reply With Quote