View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #9
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
I never before Sigil encountered a program that would essentially destroy significant parts of a document because of typo mistakes. I admire the many great features of Sigil but recently I've started doing almost all my markup in UltraEdit and/or Word 2003, and try to really check for errors before bringing it to Sigil. Even then, I always miss some typos and find I must replace significant parts of my files because of Sigil's 'help'. Why can't Sigil simply point out mistakes in a different color, add a pointer to where located, and allow an interim save even though there are xhtml errors (without any automatic 'corrections')?

I've never been helped, as far as I know, by Tidy's error corrections because most of the corrections are gobbly-gook that is spread throughout an entire xhtml file, or at least through many paragraphs.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote