View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
the scary part is that you don't know you've blundered unless you flip from code to book view.

so edit code view (badly), then save, could destroy your book.
Ah, the dreaded PSOD! (Pink Screen O'Death):

You don't have to save...just screw up and flip over to Book View, and you're hosed. And no, per your previous, "undo" doesn't do anything. Just reload the book as if from start, and at least, while you've lost whatever you did from your last save forward, you haven't lost an entire chapter/file. If you've made the mistake and saved, wel...

For a while, when I first started out, I actually got so paranoid about the PSOD that I'd start saving multiple copies with "save as..." every once in a while, so I'd have a progression of epubs marching along in a directory; I still run into them every once in a while when I'm looting my archives, it's a riot.

I know that none of this helped, sorry.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote