View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #22695
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
This is more of a "hooray" than a rant. I hate job-searching! The HR process takes so long. I want at least a phone interview from somewhere.

However, and this is the "hooray" part, the Museum of Folk Art in Santa Fe says the status of my application is "eligible!" Huzzah! I think I'd love Santa Fe. I think I'd like some of the other things I applied for, too. I just have to keep myself together at work here for one more week, which is hard (seriously, you help bring a place back from Katrina and this is your repayment), then find a job, which may be harder.

The other nibble is in Fayetteville, NC. They say my application's status is "qualified, referred." This is for genealogy and local history librarian. Ironically, I know people in N.C. because of genealogy, which is a hobby of mine (distant cousins who had lunch with me and my family when they visited New Orleans. I email with one of them pretty regularly and she is very nice).

I think I could move. I did spend many summers as a kid in the Pacific N.W. However, I am a 9th generation New Orleanian and probably one of very few Americans who can say they can walk to the house where their great-grandparents lived (or, for that matter, drive 45 minutes to the tomb of their greatx3 grandparents). Kind of an "always a Baggins" moment.

Rumple, I love your grandfather's saying! Heh!

Last edited by covingtoncat73; 06-21-2013 at 03:20 PM.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote