View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I would like to give this a try. Do I understand correct, that all I need for this to work on windows (I use Win7) is cygwin installed and then use the 32bit binary for windows? Is installing cygwin idiot-proof as in - just install defaults, watch it do its thing and ready to use? I would really hate to turn my Debian machine on, only for the packager - the exposure to the Linux on my PW is more than enough for me.

thank you

p.s.: oh and was wondering: If I need to patch an existing file on the Kindle, what is the proper way for everybody here to do that? I was thinking make a backup if it doesn't exist yet and copy the edited file over. Automatically patching the file is problematic if it was edited before. (edit: I know, I broke functionality because I had a duplicate that rather than use both or the first or last, used none of the patched in workaround)

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-02-2013 at 10:41 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote