View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #68
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What did you think of this book?

I'm tempted to buy it along with "Fabric of the Universe"

Maybe they would cancel each other out in a massive explosion!
It's really funny that you put those two together. I bought "The Trouble with Physics" first, got part way through it and decided I needed more info on string theory first (Smolin is not in favour of the current direction of theoretical physics). So I went out and bought Greene's "The Elegant Universe". My house is still standing.

I just started back into Smolin's book. From the chapter titles it appears to get rather philosophical towards the end. So, by all means, get both. I can guarantee no ka-booms.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote