View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #221
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I really don't get the hatred for the Nook because they pre-allocate part of the memory specifically for books sold by B&N. The Nooks all have SD card slots that can expand the memory up to 32 GB. Microcenter sells 8GB cards for $5, and 16GB cards for $11. None of the eInk Kindles (except for the no-longer-available K1) allow you to store more than 4GB on them, period.

I haven't had to use B&N customer service in over a year, but when I did, I never had problems with them.
I don't have a hatred for the Nooks - they look like nice little devices - but I really object to that kind of memory sequestering. It's like I'm paying for something that then they're telling me I can only use the way they want me to use it. I'm allergic to walled gardens, and that's more walled than most.

and sure, $11 or so for an SD card isn't that much - but it's one more thing to buy (and lose) - and they make such a big issue about not having extra costs, like the Kindle does.

I've only had to use B&N customer service once, and it was so abysmal that i swore never again.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 05-26-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: an afterthought
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote