View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheygetz View Post
If I make take this up ...
You did take it up, but as a general rule reactivating a thread that has been dead this long is frowned upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheygetz View Post
I would actually expect to have more than "a bit" if the prio is set to low. But calibre-parallel uses 50% of CPU anyway (XP, double core). More precisely I would expect, that on low I could use my computer pretty much normally. So maybe we should then have a "very low" setting? Personally, I would not mind if a conversion (typically epub>mobi for me) took 10 minutes. But to hardly be able to even surf this forum while it converts is simply not helpful.
I don't run on a dual core XP machine anymore but when I did setting Job priority to low did allow me to surf fine while converting. When I view the running processes on my Windows 7 machine there are no processes that are not normal or high. Additionally in Windows 7 you have the below choices to set as job priorities, note that low is the bottom of the list. There is no very low.

Realtime
High
Above Normal
Normal
Below Normal
Low

You might want to ensure that calibre library is exempt from virus or malware screening.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote