Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #15
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Rizla, you are right about one thing. If all you ever do are simple things from scratch you do not not need Sigil. You might as well use AWP which does a fine job in that kind of application and AWP allows you to do things not so easily done in Sigil.

HOWEVER, if you have to clean up messy pdf conversions, make sure that particular formatting works in multiple devices or anything out of the ordinary, then Sigil is your software. Its aim has always been for higher level use, not a replacement for word processors. This niche although discussed at length here has not been understood by many people.

Unfortunately, this invaluable function is not needed by everyone any more than a surgeon's scalpel is needed by the average household. As I would rather have surgery done with a surgeon's scalpel rather than a meat cleaver, I'd rather work on epubs with Sigil than fight to make a word processor/text editor do what Sigil does easily IF you understand some HTML and CSS.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote