View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #91
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Can't print to my legacy network printer without CloudPrint
Printing to legacy printers via Chrome running on another PC on the network runs really well, and takes only a few seconds to set up. You may even be able to have Chrome running on your NAS, which would save you having to boot up another desktop.

Failing that, a Raspberry Pi makes a good CloudPrint server. On that, or another Linux machine (your NAS?), you can install CUPS and Cloudprint.

Quote:
can't access local NAS shares without an HTML interface
That one caught me by suprise too, but if you're Linux-savvy (which your post suggests that you are) you can open a terminal window on your Chromebook (Ctrl-Alt-T) and log into the NAS using ssh, or use a VNC client. Take a look at ShiftEdit if you want an ftp client.

Quote:
not even sure if we can manage files on our Android smartphones via USB.
This should work as long as the phone mounts as a normal USB drive. It works fine with my Galaxy S, opening up both the internal storage and the sd card in the Chromebook file manager.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 04-14-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote