View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #36
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I disagree with your disagreement.
And you are free to do that, but based on this thread and many of the links in it I am convinced its stylistic and nothing more.

Every semicolon example, with out fail can be replaced with a . and often with a conjunction.

• I use semicolons all the time in my writing. They are a useful grammatical tool.
  • I use semicolons all the time in my writing; they are a useful grammatical tool.
  • I use semicolons all the time in my writing because they are a useful grammatical tool.

The reason to pick one over the other? IMO, Style.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote