View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
My guess is that all vendors will be using the ADE SDK's default fonts. I attach a small ePub to test this. The screenshots are from the Windows Sony eBook Library viewer. The fonts look identical to these on my EZ Reader Basic and Pocket Pro (Hanlin V3 and V5), and also using Windows ADE.
If that's the case, then that's horribly disappointing. That means that none of the ADE readers have real italics or bolds. They're all faked by either simply slanting or fattening the roman font. If it weren't for the facts that ADEPT encryption has been broken and that you can specify other fonts via stylesheets, I would've turned right around and sold my Sony. At least with the Kindle they actually include a real italic.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote