View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Multiple computers with one ADE Account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbycat View Post
Thank you for the list of libraries and info on disconnecting.

I've found that my Mom's local library does offer e-books. She also has a Sony Reader so I'm now wondering (sorry for so many questions) if I can setup an Adobe Digital Editions Account that we can both use and if I'll then be able to share the library books she takes out from her library? That, or my other thought was just to use her card to be able to borrow my own e-books. I'm interested in knowing how we might be able to share the membership and save on buying books! Would that work??
Hi again tabbycat, this is from the help page at Adobe Digital Editions, I hope it will help you, please try and read it and see if you can make any sense out of it.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/help/

I've copied some relevant information from the Activation and Authorization sub-section on the site to get you started:

Quote:
Transferring items between computers.
If you have authorized your computer, Adobe Digital Editions does not "lock" your eBooks and other digital publications to that computer — they are assigned to you through your Adobe ID. This means that you can transfer library items to up to six computers or supported mobile devices (such as a SonyŽ Reader).
Before you can transfer items between computers, you must authorize both computers with your Adobe ID.
Note: Bookmarks are not copied when items are transferred to another computer.

To transfer a library item to another authorized computer:
  1. On the computer you're transferring from, locate and open the My Digital Editions folder, located inside the My Documents folder.
  2. Choose the EPUB or PDF files that correspond to the eBook titles you want to transfer.
  3. Copy the selected files to portable media such as a flash drive, or e-mail the files to the target computer.
  4. On the target computer, copy the EPUB or PDF files into the My Documents\My Digital Editions folder.
  5. Open Adobe Digital Editions on the target computer. Choose Library > Add Item, and then navigate to the My Digital Editions folder and select the new files to bring them into the library.
Hope this helps, WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 03-28-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote