View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
txcheart
txcheart began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Buy now or wait?

I am a newbie to e-book readers, although I am an avid reader. I finally have gotten fed up of packing 10 books or more for any trip I go on, only to wish I had more books to read or a different genre that I was feeling more like reading at the moment.

I have an upcoming three week trip in September, for which I really wanted to buy a reader, but then it seems like in October there may be new readers coming out. I am the type of person that hates buying something only to have a version that no one will offer support for anymore because they came out with a new and better version.

Which means I am torn. Do people think the updates are going to be substantial enough to warrant waiting?

I also am not sure whether a Kindle, Sony, or Cybook would be better for me. Do kindles not accept pdf files at all? A lot of articles and documents I need to read for school and work are pdf files, articles and such, and I would love to be able to read those. I also care about battery time and space, because on many of my hiking trips I will be without electricity for a number of days. The Kindle also seems more expensive, which is hard for me because I am a student and really don't have that much extra cash floating around.

Also, last question I promise - where would be the best place to buy ebooks from?

Any help would be appreciated!

Tiffany
txcheart is offline   Reply With Quote