View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
On the KT, you could simply remove or rename /opt/amazon/acw/endactions.acx . That will give you an error message instead. I guess there are more elegant solutions, but I didn't dig any deeper. (a bit of background info, slightly different context though)

On the K4 (NT), it's probably different, because the software is totally different. I don't have such a device though, so I'm unable to provide any further information.

PS: This also doesn't appear on unregistered Kindles, but I guess unregistering it only to avoid that page is not a viable option either

Update: Here's how to permanently disable that "feature" on the Kindle Touch (without any error messages or anything):
Code:
/usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "update properties set value='hidden' where handlerid='com.lab126.EndActions' and name='viewModes'"
To restore the original behavior:
Code:
/usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "update properties set value='windowed hidden' where handlerid='com.lab126.EndActions' and name='viewModes'"
This must be entered on the command-line of the device itself (e.g. via SSH, by using the jailbreak and usbnetwork hack).

Last edited by ixtab; 03-29-2012 at 06:12 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote