View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #60
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
- Adding an anchor to the TOC Editor properly retains the link and makes it green, but dragging the same link using (ctrl)-click deletes the link from the Add screen, as before.
This is by design. With Show All on it will retain the entry by both dragging and Adding with the checkbox. With Show All off it will remove the entry with both ways. In fact it basically reloads just like when first opening the screen. While I have tested it fully there might be a bug somewhere.

Quote:
- In the Add screen, I can resize the "File" (filename) column, but I can't the "Detected Text" (anchor) column. What about allowing the columns to be sorted & reverse sorted?
You can actually resize both column, but there is a minimum width to respect. I actually enabled the sort columns value, but can't seems to get it to work, or I may have to put my own code to allow it to sort. Documentation is pretty poor for the treeview control.

Quote:
- When saving a large epub (during a long edit session), there's no indication that the save is progressing while it's doing so. It just seems to freeze without any feedback. If I hit the Save button again it will crash saying the file is in use. Duh?
Actually the error you are getting is not because it is saving the file, but because it is extracting the files back to temp folder. You can see the progress bar at the bottom. The saving is all done before the extracting even begins. It is in fact very fast because there is just a little file to update, the program actually access the ePub pretty often without any hitch. I am re-extracting the files because if someone split the chapters it will have to re-extract the files for the preview to work correctly.

But I will put something to catch the error and prevent it from screwing your file when it arises.

What kind of format is the mobi files? It is not just a Zip file?

Update : Checking this has actually lead me to a big bug that will screw your file when saving more than once. SO please don't use it like that for now, I will post an update in a couple of minutes.

Last edited by Nigol; 02-10-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote