View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Ebook page design

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I can't find a more likely one.

I've read a lot of ebooks since I bought my Cybook Gen 3, and have noticed that they have varied a lot in their page design - some of them look very good, but in my opinion some of them are awful. It seems to make little difference whether the books are commercial or free.

Is there a set of conventions for the design of ebook pages? I am looking for conventions about the size of headings, whether they should be centered, how much space below the headings, etc etc. There is some good stuff on Wikipedia for printed books and on the internet for website pages, but I can't find anything for ebooks.

Can anyone point me please to a thread or website or book?

I'm surely not the only one fussing about this subject; could we have a forum devoted to ebook design and layout?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote