Thread: MobileRead June 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #42
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Very true. Reading is a form of self-flagellation for us. We look to other outlets for our entertainment and enlightenment.

he, he...you're already getting in the mood for The Swerve I notice.
It's quite a coïncidence: I'm watching the episodes from the 2nd season of the Borgias, where self-flagellation was a big thing, especially in the time of Savonarola. I just saw him burned on a stake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girolamo_Savonarola
So, yes, I'm hoping for the Swerve as well (or the Tea Lords, of course).
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote