View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
If it's not supposed to have a great selection of Apps on it then it's just a expensive media player,which is very poor in my books.

I find it funny that you defend a company who provides so much less on the premise that people don't need Apps.
There isn't even any media to consume. Over here we won't be getting access to amazon instant streaming services or amazon prime streaming services. All we are getting is a one month free subscription to love film and thereafter the only video content we will have access to is through a love film. Netflix does not work, neither will BBC iPlayer, 4od, itv player, catch up tv or sky go. There is no flash.

In the US the fire works well as a media device and therefore the comparison to a tablet isn't necessary but in the UK it is severely limited.

To be quite honest I don't know why they waited a year to release the fire. People said it was because of the lack of infrastructure but nothing has changed in a year in the UK. All they have done is tacked on lovefilm but that was available a year ago anyway.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote