View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I have been trying out several of the free ebook programs, and so far, I do really like Apabi. Of course, it could be because it sorts the ebooks in the way I prefer which is a major plus for me.

The margins are narrow, it handles different fonts/text well. Italics show just fine. The larger letter that starts a chapter show up just fine.

The strange formatting of different paragraphs I have no idea what was going on there but, the second book that I'm reading in the program is just fine.

I still wish they had page numbers listed instead of % of book read. I like things like 46/250 pages.

I would like to be able to turn sleep mode off while reading and I wish you could dim the screen by swiping down the side instead of having to go into general settings.

I don't really like the bookshelf look in Adapi but I like the list view. You can see how far you are into a book due to the slider that shows so you will know when you have finished reading a book. I do wish it showed the author as well as the title of the book, though.

I know many people don't like it but I would like the option of turning on the time/battery bar at the top of the screen.

And..... I would like a super easy way to access a book's blurb/back of the book description information while the book is open. Sometimes I stop reading a book for a while and I would like to have easy access to that information.

So far, Stanza seems to have the easiest way to get books from Calibre into the program but I don't want to get attached to that program again since it most likely won't be supported after the next OS update. And it doesn't allow you to sort by when added.

I come from the Android world (4-5 years of use) and had used Aldiko on my Android phone and Transformer. Many of the features I have been requesting are in that program.

Kyteflyer, like you, I find the tablet rather large for reading in bed and mostly use my phone for reading.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote