View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I love Kenneth Branagh and this series sounds great, so I just downloaded the first season of the BBC series via iTunes.
The originals, (two different actors cast throughout the span) sub-titled, are much better/truer to the books IMO (never used that before, how exciting!).

And the Nordic wave now rolling/already rolled in on BBC4 are also top notch - The Killing 1 & 2, another on the way(not the US version, in the original) Jorgen, The Bridge, both I believe reprising also, with other writers in the pipeline.
I find them so refreshing, the story is all important, well written and constructed, and the characters meld in.
The foreign language thing is no barrier at all once you get in the swing.

Kind of Brechtian, I suppose !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote